Wrongful Death Lawyer in Charleston
Passionate & Tireless Representation for Bereaved Families in South Carolina
If you lost a loved one because of someone else’s negligence or irresponsibility, the feeling of hopelessness can be overwhelming. You need to know your rights, and where you stand. Our firm can help you. Knowledgeable and prepared, our goal is to represent you with excellence.
Call the Charleston wrongful death attorney at Traywick Law Offices at (843) 343-5092. We are proud to offer you a free case evaluation to help you get started.
Types of Wrongful Death Claims We Handle
Our firm handles a broad variety of wrongful death claims, including but not limited to those involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Boating accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Medical malpractice
Who Can Recover Compensation in a Wrongful Death Case?
Wrongful death laws are found in South Carolina Code of Laws Section 15-51-50. In this statute, wrongful death is defined as a death caused by another individual’s “wrongful act, neglect, or default.”
The following family members are among those who may recover compensation in a wrongful death case in South Carolina:
- Parents, if the deceased is not survived by spouse or children
- Heirs at law, if the deceased is not survived by parents, spouse, or children
What Damages Can You Recover in a Wrongful Death Case
You may be able to recover compensation for the following damages in a South Carolina wrongful death claim:
- Funeral / burial costs
- Loss of wages and benefits
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish of the family
- Property damage and other costs
- Loss of experience, judgment, knowledge
- Loss of protection, companionship, care
- Medical costs incurred during the illness or initial injury
Learn more about your case with help from a Charleston wrongful death lawyer: Call us at (843) 343-5092 to schedule your complimentary initial case review.